There are several ways to check an asset out, depending on the information at hand as well as the permissions set by a user with administrator permissions.
If you have already located the asset to check out:
- Click on the asset tag number to display the asset description screen.
- Click on Check Out (below the editable fields). The Check Out Assets screen will display. Note that the asset is already listed under “Assets to check out” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the type of person the asset(s) will be checked out to and then select the name of the person from the drop down menu. (Note: you can add new contacts by completing all fields in the dialog box. A user with administrator permissions can add new users.)
- Set a due date: click either “No due date” or “Due date”. If there is a due date, specify the date (and time) by selecting it from the drop down menu.
- Under “Assets to check out” you can add assets by entering an asset tag number and clicking Add after each entry. Or, you can click on the magnifying glass and select additional assets by clicking on the box next to each asset to be reserved so that a check mark displays. (If needed, use Search or Advanced Search, located in the upper right corner.) Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Add Asset.
- Add a note that describes why the asset(s) are being checked out in the text field labeled “Reason”.
- Once all the assets to be checked out are listed, click Save (located below the heading). A screen confirms the date and time the asset(s) were checked out, and also displays the user and the reason, if given.
To check out an asset from the shortcut menu:
Navigate to the Assets tab and click on Check Out Assets from the shortcut menu and follow the steps above, beginning with step 3.
Note: an asset that has been checked out is indicated by a red curved arrow to the right of the asset tag number.