Only assets that were checked out by the current user and are not locked to a parent asset can be checked in.
To check an asset in:
- Find the asset. Navigate to the Assets tab and click on Assets in the shortcut menu, or use Advanced Search (upper right corner) to filter asset in list view, if needed.
- Click on the asset tag number of the asset to be checked in to display the asset description screen.
- Click Check In (below the editable fields) to display the Check In Assets screen.
- If additional assets are to be checked in, list each by entering its asset tag number and clicking Add after each entry. Or, click on the magnifying glass and select additional assets by clicking on the box next to each asset to be checked in. (Note: checked out assets are indicated by a red curved arrow – click on the box next to such assets to check them in.) Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Add Asset.
- Once the list is complete, add an explanatory note in the note field.
Click Save (located below the heading). A screen confirms the date and time the asset(s) were checked in, and also displays the user and the explanatory note.