To unarchive an asset:
- Find the asset (using method a or b).
Note: all assets will be restored to the selected location. If you wish to restore assets to multiple locations, carry out all steps for each location.
a. Navigate to Assets > Unarchive Assets and click on the magnifying glass icon. Click on the box next to the asset tag number of the asset(s) to be restored to a particular location. When the asset list is complete, click Add Asset (below the list).
b. Or, navigate to Assets > Assets and click on the Advanced Search link in the upper right corner. Important: be sure to click on the box next to “Include archived” in the advanced search options. Note in the search results that archived assets are identified by a file cabinet icon, and a screen tip identifies who archived the asset. Click on the asset tag number of the asset to be restored and then click Unarchive (located below the descriptive fields).
- Once an asset has been selected, the Unarchive Assets screen displays. Note: If other assets are locked to the selected asset, they will also be added to the list.
- If any additional assets are to be unarchived to this same location, repeat step 1a until the list is complete.
- Select the location to which the assets will be unarchived to.
- Add an explanatory note in the note field.
Click Save (located below the heading). A confirmation displays the date and time the listed asset(s) were unarchived, and also displays the user and the explanatory note.