Printing and applying barcode labels to your items can help increase the efficiency and accuracy of your asset management efforts, particularly if you use a barcode scanner.
To generate and print asset tags for one or more assets:
- Navigate to the Admin tab and click Labels on the shortcut menu.
- Select Assets from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the box next to each asset for which you need to print a label (the box will contain a check mark). Tip: Click the box in the header to select all assets.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Print Labels.
- Select the Label Stock. Tracmor supports printing on the following label stock:
Avery 6570/6576 (1-1/4”x 1-3/4”)
Avery 6571/6577 (5/8”x 3”)
- Select the Label Offset value (None to 31). If you are printing to a sheet of label stock with some labels already removed, set this to the number of removed labels so that printing will continue on the next available label on the sheet. Otherwise leave this set to None.
- Click Print.
The barcode for each selected asset tag will be included in the resulting pdf that you can download or print.
Note to Google Chrome users: If your barcodes are printing out of alignment with the Avery labels, you may need to disable Chrome's built-in PDF viewer, and print your labels using another PDF application such as Adobe Reader. To disable the built-in viewer, enter about:plugins in the address bar and click Disable underneath the entry for “Chrome PDF Viewer.” The Adobe Reader plug-in will automatically be enabled, if you have it installed.