The first user(s) and role(s) are created by the account owner admin. Thereafter, new users can add additional users (and roles) within the permissions they were assigned. If you do not have the permissions you need to create a new user, contact your account owner admin.
If you have permission to create new users, a role must first have been created for the type of user to be added. If the role of interest is already in place you are "good to go" (available roles can be selected from a dropdown menu when you create a new user). If the role is not available, first create the appropriate role.
At the user level, the permissions that are available (and described below) include the following:
This article covers:
- Finding the menu options
- Creating a user
- Editing user information
- Setting location-based user permissions
- Related articles
Finding the menu options
All user-related menu options are accessed from the side menu.
Note: If the side menu is not visible, click on the square to the left of Global Search at the top of the screen. Clicking on this icon allows you to show and hide the side menu.
Creating a user
To arrive at the Create User dialog box, navigate to User>Create User.
All information is required except the user image:
- First and last name
- The email ID is a permanent record associated with the user name and cannot be edited
- Provide a password; the new user will be able to change it
- Select the appropriate time zone for the user from the dropdown menu
- The new user's default role must have already been created so that you can select it from the dropdown menu.
- Optional: select an image; the new user will be able to change it
Note: You can arrive at the same dialog box by navigating to User>Users and clicking on the (blue) plus icon.
Once all the information is entered, click on Save to send an email invitation to the new user.
The new user activates their account by clicking on a link in the verification email.
Editing user information
Access the User List by navigating to User>Users.
If many users are already created, you can search by First Name, Last Name, Email ID, Status, and Created by, as shown in the fields under User Search (top red circle). Once you selected the search criteria from the drop down menus, click on Apply Filter.
The User List, shown by the bottom red circle, lists the names of users you created (not all users), or the search results.
To edit user information, click on the Name to arrive at a page that provides these options:
You can assign a new default role or change the user's status, as shown in the circled area below:
Once you have made your changes, be sure to click on Save (or Cancel).
Setting location-based user permissions
User permissions are controlled at two levels:
- Role-base permissions allow you to associate roles with access to information for assets and inventory and the transactions associated with them. Set those permission in Roles>Roles).
- User-based permissions allow you to associate users with geographic areas that include countries, states, areas, and user-defined locations. Set those permissions as follows.
As described in the previous section, navigate to this dialog box via User>Users then click on the name from the User List to arrive at these options:
From here you can assign the locations that will be available to this user. Since this Location is entirely user defined, please note the following:
- Required: Country is selected from the countries listed in Tracmor
- Optional: If the location is not in North America (US and Canada), you will have to add a State (or state equivalent) before being able to assign the location
- Optional: The Area is user defined — you can add it beforehand, or add it "on the fly" by clicking the (blue) plus icon.
- Optional: The Location is user defined — you can add it beforehand, or add it "on the fly" by clicking the (blue) plus icon.
- Required: The user Role must be defined beforehand so that you can select it from the dropdown menu.
Once all parameter are entered, click on Add. You can add multiple locations for this user, as listed under Selected Location Based Role. Once the user's location-based profile is complete, click on Save.
To remove a location based role for this user, click on the (red) trash icon to the right of the Role.