The first role(s) and user(s) are created by the account owner/admin. Thereafter, new users can create additional users (and roles) within the permissions of the roles they were assigned. If you do not have the permissions you need, contact your admin for more information.
If you do have permission, the first thing you need to know about "users" is that a "role" must be created before a user profile can associated with it.
If you have set up a role for the type of user you wish to add, you are "good to go" - please read on. If not, please refer to the article What do I need to know about roles? and create the appropriate role before proceeding.
This article covers everything you need to know about users:
All user-related menu options are accessed through the side menu.
Note: If the side menu is not visible, click on the square to the left of Global Search at the top of the screen. Clicking on this icon allows you to show and hide the side menu.
Creating a user
To arrive at the Create User dialog box directly, navigate to User>Create User.
All the information is required except the user image. Things to note:
- The email ID is a permanent record associated with the user name and cannot be edited
- The new user will be able to change their password
- The new user's default role must have already been created - you can select it from the drop down menu.
You can arrive at the same dialog box by navigating to User>Users and clicking on the (blue) plus icon.
Once all the information is entered, click on Save to send an email to the new user - it will look like this:
The new user the activates their account by clicking on "confirm my account," and that person will then be listed under the User List view.
Editing user information
Access the User List by navigating to User>Users.
The User List becomes available, as shown by the bottom red circle.
If many users are already created, you can search by First Name, Last Name, Email ID, Status, and Created by, as shown in the fields under User Search (top red circle). Once you selected the search criteria from the drop down menus, click on Apply Filter.
To edit user information, click on the Name to arrive at a page that provides these options:
The most likely item you may want to edit is the user's status, as shown in the circled area below:
Once you have made your changes be sure to click on Save.
Setting location-based user permissions
User permissions are controlled at two levels in Tracmor:
- Role-base permissions allow you to associate roles with access to information for assets and inventory and the transactions associated with them. Set those permission in Roles>Roles).
- User-based permissions allow you to associate users with geographic areas that include countries, states, areas, and user-defined locations. Set those permissions as follows.
As described in the previous section, navigate to this dialog box via User>Users then click on the name from the User List to arrive at these options:
From here you can assign the locations that will be available for this user. Since this Location is entirely user defined, please note the following:
- Required: Country is selected from the countries listed in Tracmor
- Optional: If the location is not in North America (US and Canada), you will have to add a State (or state equivalent) before being able to assign the location
- Optional: The Area is user defined - you can add it beforehand, or add it "on the fly" by clicking the (blue) plus icon. (See related articles in the next section.)
- Optional: The Location is user defined - you can add it beforehand, or add it "on the fly" by clicking the (blue) plus icon. (See related articles in the next section.)
- Required: The user Role must be defined beforehand so that you can select it from the drop down menu.
Once all parameter are entered, click on Add. You can add multiple locations for this user, and they will be listed under Selected Location Based Role. Once the user's location-based profile is complete, click on Save.
To remove a location based role for this user, click on the (red) trash icon to the right of the Role.