In Tracmor, an asset model — or "model" for short — is an identifier that incorporates three other identifiers:
You can build each model by entering one identifier at a time, but the quickest way to build many models is to systematically import the identifiers in this order:
- Import categories
- Import manufacturers (each of which is associated with a category)
- Import model numbers (with categories and manufacturers already in place, all that is needed is a model number to complete the model)
This article describes:
- Finding the menu options
- Creating one new model
- Importing a list of models
- Deleting models
- Exporting a list of models
- Editing model information
- Adding attachments to a model description
- Mass editing models
- Model settings that require associated assets
- Archiving models
- Adding custom fields
- Related articles
Finding the menu options
All options for creating and editing Models are accessed from the side menu by clicking on Asset.
Note: If the side menu is not visible, click on the square to the left of Global Search at the top of the screen to show/hide the side menu.
Once you click on Asset>Models you have access to the options circled in red, which allow you to:
- Access all functions facilitated by the icons in the upper right, as described in detail below
- Refine the Model List to only display the models of interest using the Model Search function
- Access the complete Model List
Creating one new model
To add one new model, navigate to Asset>Create Model:
Or, navigate to Asset>Models and click on the (blue) plus icon in the upper right corner:
The required fields are circled in red in the screenshot below:
- Model Number. The model number can be any number associated with this class of item —it is usually a good idea to use the manufacturer-provided model number.
- Category. Select a category from the dropdown menu, or, if no category has been created for this model, add one by clicking on the (blue) plus icon.
- Manufacturer. Select a manufacturer from the dropdown menu, or, if no manufacturer has been created for this model add one by clicking on the (blue) plus icon.
- Email alerts. If you click on the "yes" radio button, you must also add an email address. When transactions occur that involve dropping below the minimum quantity specified, an email alert will be sent to that email address.
These fields are always optional:
- Model Name
- Model Description
Depreciation class is only listed if it has been enabled in the settings.
Click on Save and you will see the new location at the top of the Model List.
Importing a list of models
To import a list of models, start by clicking on Asset>Models (side menu) and then clicking on the (green) down arrow icon.
From the Import Models dialog box, download a standard import file by clicking on the (tan) download icon.
Note: Clicking on the (blue) imported file list icon opens a list view of files previously imported.
Open the downloaded file, preferably in MS Excel. Note that the column headings match the fields in the Create Model dialog box. Required fields are circled in red.
Note: Any custom fields that were created for models will be included in the downloaded file and will list with a prefix "_cfv."
List a Category Name and Manufacturer Name (required) for each Model Number.
Important: The Category and Manufacturer must have already been created so that the Model Number can be mapped to them. In other words, you cannot create a Category or Manufacturer with the standard import file for Models; you must use the standard import file for Categories and Manufacturers.
Do not skip any rows. Save the file with a descriptive name.
Click on Choose File to navigate to the saved file, and once you have chosen the file and the file name is listed in place of [No file chosen], click on Upload File.
Once the file is uploaded, you will receive a status report via the Imported File List. If any models were not successfully imported, the number will be indicated under the column heading “Skipped.”
Note: Clicking Undo removes the imported values. This option is only available for the most recent import.
To determine the error, download the file by clicking on the link in the "Skipped" column. In the example above, clicking on the number "1" in red downloads a file with the error message.
You can delete models as follows:
- One at a time while editing (see below)
- Mass delete by either
- Clicking on the check box to the left of the model to be deleted in the Model List view
- Creating a filtered list using the search function; filter by Model Name, Model Number, Category, Manufacturer, Archived status, or date (for date click on Advanced Search. Once the search parameters are selected, click on Apply Filter. Then either select the items of interest or all items by clicking on the check box at the top of the column, as shown by the red arrow in the lower left corner.
Once your selections have been made, click on the red "trash" icon in the upper right corner. You will be asked to confirm the delete request. Once you confirm, the item(s) will be deleted and will no longer appear in the Model List.
Exporting a list of models
If you need a record of your models, you can export a list by clicking on the export icon in the upper right corner. The Asset Model list downloads as an MS Excel spreadsheet and includes all model numbers and associated information, including the number of assets for that model.
Note: The spreadsheet is password protected and cannot be edited without the password that Tracmor sent to your account admin.
Editing model information
To edit the information for a model already created, navigate to Asset>Models and click on the Model Number of interest in the Model List view.
The next menu will have show these options: Edit, Attachments, Location Alert Settings, Assets Per Location. You can also end the edit at any time by clicking on Cancel, and Delete the model by clicking on Delete.
Click on Edit to arrive at the same options as when you create one model at a time. To edit the Category or Manufacturer, your options are to select the correct one from the dropdown menus or to create a new one by clicking on the (blue) plus icon (circled in red).
Note: If you added custom fields, they will also be available to edit.
Click on Save of upload your edits.
Adding attachments to a model description
To upload attachments such as manuals or scanned documents, navigate to Asset>Models and click on the Model Number of interest in the Model List view (as shown above).
Click on Attachments, then click on Choose File. Once you have navigated to the file and its name appears instead of [No file chosen], click on on Submit. All uploaded attachments will be listed on the Attachment List.
Mass editing models
The mass edit models function is primarily useful to edit information that models may have in common, namely:
- Model description
- Custom fields
To apply this function, navigate to Asset>Models, and from the Model List check the box to the left of the models you wish to edit. Then click on the (light blue) pencil icon:
Click the check box for any fields you wish to mass edit. If the selected models have a custom field in common, it will be an option. Click on Save to save your edits.
Model settings that require associated assets
Once a model is associated with an Asset, you can set a location alert and see how many assets are associated with this model at a given location.
To access these settings, navigate to Asset>Models and click on the Model Number of interest in the Model List.
Set a location alert by clicking on Location Alert Settings.
The required fields are Area, Location, and Email. Note that if you click "yes" on the radio button for Email, an Email Address is also required.
Click on Save to upload any changes.
If you need to check the number of the Assets Per Location for that model, click on Assets Per Location.
Applying a filter in the search function is a quick way of creating a list of models you may want to archive or un-archive. Once you have created a filtered list, you can select items by clicking the check box next to each item.
Note: Clicking on the check box at the top of the column selects all items in the list.
To archive (or unarchive) the selected items, click on the yellow icon (upper right corner).
Archived information is still searchable and can be made available by unarchiving it.
Adding custom fields
Important: If you do not have admin permissions, you will not be able to add custom fields or carry out the following steps.
Navigate to Settings>Module Field List Settings (side menu, near the bottom).
Ten modules allow custom fields, including Models. To add a custom field, click on Add Custom Field.