This article focuses on setting up receipts for items to be received and adding assets and inventory items to the tracking system once they arrive.
Among the handy tools that can speed things up:
- Default settings that pre-populate fields
- Email notifications
- Ability to ship and receive internally to ensure more complete transaction records than using the move transaction
Important: Receiving transactions are most easily accomplished if all the information regarding companies, contacts, model numbers, inventory codes, areas, and locations are already in place. For more information on adding information systematically, see the reference list of related articles below.
This article describes how to manage these options under the receiving menu:
- Setting default receiving (and shipping) options
- Finding the menu options
- Scheduling a receipt
- Receiving to a location
- Searching for receipts
- Adding an attachment
- Exporting receipt numbers
- Printing labels
- Adding custom fields
- Related Articles
Note: If the side menus shown below are not visible, click on the square to the left of Global Search at the top of the screen. Clicking on this icon allows you to show and hide the side menu.
Setting default receiving (and shipping) options
Anyone with an admin role can access the basic settings for the areas they have been assigned, including shipping and receiving settings. From the side menu navigate to Admin>General Settings (near the bottom). If you do not see this option, contact your Tracmor account admin for more information.
Scroll down to Shipping/Receiving Settings, where you can choose options that can speed things up by pre-populating certain fields. For instance, if some of your shipping and receiving transactions originate in one place, or involve only one contact, and/or originate from one shipping address name, select that information from the dropdown menus.
Dropdown menu choices apply to these options (items in red apply to receiving):
- Default Shipping Company
- Default Shipping Contact
- Default Shipping Address Name
- Default Receiving Company
- Default Receiving Contact
- Default Receiving Address Name
The following options are enabled by clicking the check box next to the selected item(s)
- Receive to Last Location.
- Custom Shipment Numbers. Enable this option to create custom shipment numbers; if you leave this check box blank, Tracmor will auto-generate a sequential shipment number for every shipment that is scheduled (starting with 1000). The shipment number tracks all information such as sender, receiver, packing list, ship date, and notes.
- Custom Receipt Numbers. Enable this option if you wish to create custom receipt numbers. If you do not enable this, Tracmor will auto-generate a sequential receipt number for every receipt that is scheduled.
This option enables you to add text to your packing list:
- Packing List Terms. Enter any text that you want to appear on every packing list, such as your return policy.
When you have made all your selections, be sure to click on Save to activate them.
Finding the menu options
There are two ways to access options for receiving. This article will focus on the top menu option; simply click on Receiving.
You can access the options by clicking on Receiving on the side menu:
Scheduling a receipt
When you click on Receiving you arrive at the Receipts List page (described below). If you would like to schedule a new receipt, click on the (blue) plus icon in the upper right hand corner:
Ideally, all the information needed has already been added beforehand so that you can choose information from dropdown menus; if that is the case, options will appear when you place the cursor in the field and press on the space bar or type one or more characters. You can also click on any (blue) plus icon next to a field if that is an option to add information as you go.
To set up a receipt, you will need the following types of information:
- Sender Information. Company and contact is required.
- Recipient Information. Company, Contact, and Address Name is required.
- The address name is whatever description you provided for that address, such as headquarters, warehouse, garage, etc.)
- Receipt Information. The due date is required and is selected from a popup calendar; optional information includes:
- Adding a note
- Sending an email notification to one or more email address(es) when the transaction is complete.
- Assets to Receive. Select New Asset, and then select a model number for the asset to be received (if it is not in place, you will need to create one so that you can select it)
- Optional: Auto-generate an Asset Tag by clicking the check box; a sequential asset tag number will be assigned to the new asset.
Once a Model Number has been selected, add the asset by clicking on the (light blue) plus icon. You know the record is in place when a new table appears, as shown outlined in red below. You can create as many items to receive from this sender to the specified recipient as needed, clicking on the (light blue) plus icon to add each new item.
- Inventory to Receive. Select an inventory code for the inventory item to be received (you can select one from the dropdown menu or by clicking on the purple search icon; if the appropriate inventory code is not available, you will need to create one so that you can select it).
If using the search function, select the inventory items from the filtered list, then click on Add Inventory.
With the inventory code in place, specify a quantity, then click on the (light blue) plus icon. You know the record is in place when a new table appears, as shown outlined in red below. You can create as many items to receive from this sender to the specified recipient as needed, clicking on the (light blue) plus icon to add each new item.
Click on Save to enter the information into Tracmor. To find out how to edit this information, see the next section "Receiving to location."
Receiving to a location
Once the information is entered, you use the edit function to change the status from pending to received.
To arrive at Receipts page, click on Receiving on the top menu, scroll down to the Receipts List, and then click on the receipt number of interest. Notice that if you hover over the icon (indicated by the red arrow), a summary window opens.
Note: The legend shows that green icons represent assets and blue icons represent inventory.
If you need to search for the receipt, you can filter as described in the next section (below).
Click on Edit and scroll down to the (light blue) edit icon, and click on it.
Enter the Area and Location that the asset is to be received (they must already be entered in Tracmor so that you can select them.)
Click on Save to enter the asset as received.
Searching for receipts
If you have a long list of receipts, the Search function will help narrow it down to a filtered list quickly. Click on Receiving on the top menu to arrive at Receipt Search options, where you can search by Sender Company, Sender Contact, Receipt Number, Status (pending or received), Asset Tag, Inventory Code - and if you click on the arrow to the right for advanced search options, you can also search for Note and Dates.
Click on Apply Filter to create a filtered Receipt List. To apply different search parameters, click on Reset Filter and start over.
Adding an attachment
You can upload attachments such as invoices or manuals to make all associated documentation available to other users.
To arrive at Receipts page, click on Receiving on the top menu, scroll down to the Receipts List, and then click on the receipt number of interest.
Your options at the bottom of the specific Receipt page include Attachments; click on it:
From here, click on Choose File, navigate to the file you want to upload, click on it so that the file name shows [instead of No file chosen]. Click on Submit to upload the file.
Exporting receipt numbers
If you need a list of receipt numbers and their status, click on Receiving on the top menu, and then click on the Export Receipts icon:
Tracmor will download an Excel file with your Receipt Numbers and the Status of each:
If you need to print bar code labels with the receipt numbers, click on Receiving on the top menu, then select the receipts you would like to print by clicking on the check box to the left of each item.
Tip: Create a filtered list using the search function, then on the check box at the top of the column to select all items in the filtered list.
Click on the Print Labels icon:
From the Print Labels dialog box, select the Label Stock and the Label Offset, then click on Print.
Tracmor will send a file to print according to your print settings, but in order to receive it, your popup blocker must be set so that Tracmor is allowed. If the label doesn't print, check your pop-up blocker settings.
Adding custom fields
Your tracking system can be expanded to include the information important to your organization; simply add custom fields, as needed. Navigate to Settings>Module Field List Settings (located near the bottom of the side menu).
Of the 10 modules that you can add custom fields to, click on Add Custom Field for Receiving (near the bottom). See the link at the end of this section for an article on creating custom fields.