To add one new asset, click on Create Asset in the side menu under Asset tab.
Clicking on Create Asset will take you to a screen where the new asset details can be entered. The required fields are noted by an asterisk next to the field name.
Details you will have to input in this screen are described below:
1. Asset Tag : The asset tag is a unique identifier that you specify — or — Tracmor can auto-generate a sequential number for you if you click on the Auto Generate check box . The Asset tag number can be printed on a label and attached to the asset for consistent tracking results.
Asset tag value can be entered in 3 ways
- 1. Manually entering the value
- 2. by scanning a barcode / QR code
- 3. Auto generating the value. For autogenerating the asset tag value, check the box, Autogenerate below the asset tag. If the Auto Generate check box is not active on your screen, please refer the General Settings page in web application to make sure the Minimum Asset tag is defined on that page. See: Admin ->General Settings ->Asset Settings.
2. Model Name - Select Model name of asset from the dropdown list by searching for model name or number in the dropdown list search box. Selecting Model name will auto populate the fields Category, Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Description on that screen.
3. Area - Choose the area that the asset will reside in from the dropdown menu.
4. Location - Choose the location (refinement of the Area) that the asset will reside in from the dropdown menu .
5. Parent Asset - When you create a parent-child relationship between two or more assets you relate them within the tracking system. For example, a laptop computer may be designated as a "parent" asset and a specific battery pack for that computer can be designated as a "child" asset. Locking two assets together is particularly useful for conveying what constitutes a complete set, which can be useful when a user is checking an asset out, or when an asset is being shipped and the packing list needs to be complete. Select the parent for this asset from the dropdown menu. You can also lock this asset to the parent by clicking on the check box near the dropdown list. Parent Asset field is not mandatory.
Certain additional required fields may be available on this screen, depending on certain admin settings. For instance:
- Custom fields - If custom fields are defined in the assets section, they will show as required fields when creating assets. If they are marked as mandatory fields, an asterisk will be attached to the field name.
- Depreciation - If depreciation was enabled and you click on a check box next to Asset Depreciation, required fields for Purchase Cost, Residual Value, Purchased Date will be available on the screen. Please enter all mentioned values except Book Value. System will calculate the Book Value of the asset as per the given details. For details, see What do I need to know about depreciation classes?
Click on Save and you will see the message " Asset is added successfully " and new asset will be at the top of the Asset List.